PabloDraw 3.2 is now out! Get it here.
This release has these new features:
- Command line conversion & headless server
- Admin password for server
- Numbered file backups
- Proper dos/legacy aspect ratio for all fonts
- Sauce 0.5 support
- General performance improvements
- 7zip archive support
- Fixed: Loading PETSCII (seq) files
- Fixed: Crashing using ctrl+up
- Fixed: Editing as xbin or other formats
- Fixed: Mouse commands past 2048
- Experimental WPF mode for 10k line editing
3.2.1 was a hot fix release and contains these updates:
- Fix navigating into zip/7z/rar archives
- Fix bug adding incorrect null bytes before sauce record
- Fix automatic height calculation for sauce
- Fix highlighting the loaded file when opening files externally
- Add button to select a font for sauce
- Show version number on PabloDraw.Console
- Mac: Disable app nap on mavericks when connected to a server
- Windows: Fix editing when connected to a server
ezFeeds has a major new update! Version 2.0 brings many new features, many based on user feedback. It took a bit longer than anticipated to get this release out, but it should be well worth it!
Most notably, ezFeeds is now a universal application and has a beautiful new interface designed for iPad!
Other new features:
- Image caching for offline reading
- Improved accessibility support
- Feed favicons
- Many performance & memory optimizations
- Show starred, unread, and shared for folders and feeds
- Added Email Link and Copy Link/Article article actions
- Options to show/hide article actions
- Option to synchronize current feed/folder only
- Find recommended feeds based on your current subscriptions
- Can now cancel synchronization
- More enhancements
- Fixed some minor bugs
I hope you enjoy it!
Here are some screenshots of the iPad version:
ezFeeds has it’s first update! Tons of new features, including iOS 4 multitasking, high resolution graphics for the iPhone 4 retina display, Facebook, ReadItLater, and Instapaper support!
Hope you all like it! It should be available in the App Store shortly!
Edit: It is now available!
- Updated for iOS 4 compatibility and high resolution graphics
- Support for Multitasking and synchronizing in background
- Post links to Facebook, ReadItLater, and Instapaper
- Google Mobilizer & Instapaper Mobilizer support
- Added Shared items syncing
- Improved reading visual style
- New graphical Actions menu
- Setting to specify your own Bit.ly account
- Setting for article text size
- Setting to open article/links with original, google mobilizer, or instapaper mobilizer by default
- Open links in Safari (instead of built-in browser)
- Setting to auto-sync after all articles are read
- Settings to specify how long Starred and Shared items are kept
- Option to enter descriptions for Instapaper
- Fixed a few synchronization bugs with folder order
I am pleased to announce that a new Google Reader client for the iPhone and iPod Touch has been submitted to the App Store for review! You ask, do we really need another one? well, if you’ve tried any of them, then you probably already know the answer!
ezFeeds has been in development for about five months, and was born to provide a fully featured Google Reader (news reader) client, opposed to a partial, slow, or read-only variation.
Some of the key goals that were taken into consideration when building ezFeeds:
- Must be FAST, even when you have subscribed to tons of feeds
- Reading must be EASY, which is why there is a ‘Next Unread’ button. This allows you to read in the same order of your feeds. Want to read all items chronologically? Just tap on the Unread folder – it’ll show arrows in the bottom toolbar instead of the Next Unread button.
- Provide FULL synchronization of feeds, folders, and their order (e.g. drag and drop feed order in google reader will sync to ezFeeds and vise-versa)
- Allow users to DISCOVER feeds on the device, with global and user feeds on popular feed sources such as Google Blog Search, Google News, Twitter, eBay, Myspace, Flickr, Youtube, Blogger, del.icio.us, WordPress.com, and even specify a custom URL.
Here’s what it looks like:
Adding a feed:
Click here for a list of features, details, and more screenshots.
There are a few things that didn’t make it into the first release, since they are not needed for a great reading experience, but are coming:
- Shared & Notes (do people really use these anyway?)
- Posting to Facebook, Read It Later, and Instapaper
- Optionally Cache Images for full offline reading
- Remember last position
- Possible iPad / OS X Version
- More yummy tidbits that I’ll share if you’re nice!
I’m not too sure how long it’ll take to be available on the App Store, but I will let everyone know when it is!
Linked to some excellent youtube videos of the art you can create using PabloDraw. I am still amazed at what kind of art can be created in this medium.
We are pleased to announce that we have updated our site to WordPress, which is a great, simple CMS. This will accommodate our growth and has much better community support.
Previously, we were using mojoPortal, which is an excellent ASP.NET based CMS, however compatibility with mono was a little lacking.
WordPress was chosen as it provides a huge community, lots of themes and plugins, and works seamlessly with OS X Server. The installation took only about 5 minutes, and was extremely straight forward (this means I didn’t read any documentation).