Save/Export as MUSHcode

Home Forums PabloDraw Feature Requests Save/Export as MUSHcode

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  purldator 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

purldator

Hello! I just discovered PabloDraw after trying to find a program that allows me to get super-creative within the word of ANSI and ASCII. But! I noticed that PabloDraw does not have an option to export/save as MUSHcode. MUSH is a platform for free-form roleplaying in a BBS-like environment. Or rather, there’s a bunch of different code bases that use most things among each other, like TinyMUX (what I use), PennMUSH, TinyMUSH, ect…

We use ANSI colors but I can’t take what I made in PabloDraw and copy/paste into my MUSH client. And trying to code all of the colors by hand seems too much of a daunting task. But PabloDraw will allow roleplayers to be able to explore the world of ANSI art within their own domain and enhance their text with actual pictures.

I ask about this because someone mentioned HTML and that’s also an -excellent- export/save format. But it is very similar. Some code is free-standing, like a <br> for a linebreak in MUSHcode is %r. And some you have to escape like html tags. <red>font</red> will make red font, but the same is also in MUSHcode: %xrfont%xn

If you put this in any TODO list, please contact me if you need help and need a crash-course in MUSHcode! The basics needed for this are easy to pick up.

Please take care!

#3511 Reply

Carsten (aka Roy/SAC)

You might want to check out
    http://www.roysac.com/roy-tools/ansi-ascii-converter.html

This tool supports conversion of ANSI’s to Unicode Web Code.
    See the sample gallery here http://www.roysac.com/otheransi.html
    to check out how the result looks like.

Does this help? I checked same web sites about MUSHCode and could not find much about specifics for formatting text outputs etc.

#3512 Reply

purldator

Thank you for the reply!

Unfortunately that tool does not convert to MUSHcode. Here’s an example of MUSHcode:

@emit %r%r%xh%xw%r Anticipation%xx[space(16)]_==ee_.%r%xx[space(27)]gY~7|A%]c_~e.%r%xw Ears trained to%xx[space(10)]Z_/_/ P_V/*s%).%r%xw the fall of his%xx[space(9)]%,%[L.7-dZYi'm'c%r%xw step%, she waits%xx[space(9)]Z.cY!ZPzY!/P%[fVst%r%xw eagerly for his%xx[space(7)]%]A-_sm/ Wb!d.%]%[/%[-/%[%r%xw arrival.%xn%xh%xx[space(14)]'K|%,L+/~~'~*+Yb‘[space(2)]D%r%xn%xh%xw[space(23)]%,Y~%xn[space(3)]'/b!Dz%[Df=sW!%r%xh%xw Tenseness marks%xn%xh%xw[space(7)]P%xn[space(9)]gY%\%{+f.-/%\%xns.%r%xh%xw every angle and%xn%xh%xw[space(7)]%[%xn%xh%xw[space(4)]i.%xx %, p.c%\We| %]%xn[space(2)]'+.%r%xh%xw line%, the press%xn%xh%xw[space(7)]!i%xn%xh%xw[space(4)]%\.%]. Y #@M%['%xn _[space(2)].N%r%xh%xw of hands behind%xn%xh%xw[space(8)]!i[space(4)]V_ %] /i.%,%xn /%xh%xw /%xnG!Z%r%xh%xw her pushing her%xn%xh%xx[space(8)]/%xwY%xn%xh%xw[space(5)]Y %,/%xn[space(3)]%\’i%xn%xh%xw[space(2)]i%xnY%r%xh%xw breasts forward%xn%xr%xn%xh%xw[space(6)]d%xx'%xw’%[%xn%xh%xw[space(4)]%]i%xn[space(5)]d %]%xn%xh%xw[space(2)]%]%xn[space(2)]%]%r%xh%xw in anticipation%xn%xh%xx[space(6)]%]%xn%xh%xw[space(3)]Y%xn%xh%xw[space(5)]b%xn[space(4)]i!%xh%xw[space(4)]/%xn[space(2)]’%[%r%xh%xw of his touch on%xn%xh%xx[space(7)]+s_/%xw%[%xn%xh%xw[space(4)]!i%xn[space(3)]Z%xh%xw[space(4)]/%xn%[[space(3)]%[%r%xh%xw them.%xn%xh%xw[space(21)]N%xn%xh%xw[space(4)]%,%\%xn[space(3)]%[%xh%xw[space(3)]%]%xn N%,[space(2)]8.%r%xh%xw[space(27)]%][space(3)]!Y%]%xn[space(3)]b%xh%xw[space(3)]’i%xn%].V~t%r%xh%xw Dark hair falls%xn%xh%xw[space(11)]%]%xn%xh%xw[space(4)]'@%xn[space(3)]%]%xh%xw[space(4)]!.%xnt[space(3)]'i%r%xh%xw to hide averted%xn%xh%xw[space(11)]%].%xn%xh%xw[space(4)]@%xn[space(4)]N.%xh%xw[space(3)]V/%xni[space(3)]N%r%xh%xw face - the muse%xn%xh%xw[space(10)]%,!%[%xn%xh%xw[space(4)]@%xn[space(5)]V%xh%xw[space(4)]'N%xn[space(3)]%].%r%xh%xw unknown%, name%xn[space(3)]%,_____g=/%xh%xw Y%xn%xh%xw[space(4)]A%xn[space(6)]%,-%xh%xw[space(4)]N%xn[space(3)]%[%r%xh%xw concealed.%xn_v=/~~~%xh%xw[space(10)]%]%xn%xh%xw[space(3)]%]%[%xn[space(6)]%]%xh%xw[space(5)]%]N%xn[space(2)]%]%r[space(8)].Y~%xh%xw[space(17)]!%[%xn%xh%xw[space(2)]%]%[%xn[space(6)]%]%xh%xw[space(5)]Z%xn t ‘t%r[space(4)]_=~%xh%xw[space(21)]%[%xn%xh%xw[space(2)]%]%xn[space(7)]%]%xh%xw[space(3)]%,g!%xn /[space(2)]%]%r%xh%xx[space(2)]zf%xn[space(4)]__z====s__.%xh%xw[space(9)]W%xn%xh%xw[space(2)]%]%xng==s[space(2)]%,f%xh%xw%,_=*c%xn[space(2)]%[[space(2)]%]%\_____%r%xh%xx d%xn[space(5)]-f[space(9)]~~~V===mg%xh%xwz/[space(3)]%\.%xn !mY~~~v.[space(2)]X4L. '~Y*L_/%r%xh%xx %[%xn[space(24)]v%xh%xwf[space(6)]%[%xn[space(3)]~V=fYv=.z%\v4Kf~~~~%r%xh%xx Vm_____________________%xnzm%xh%xw%,_ -s=z%(%xn%)%xh%xx==sg==YY*+/=*~~~~~~~~~~=== %,%r%xn[space(24)]5LZ%xh%xw'%\=cXD=%xxKX8N/%xn[space(9)]%r%xh%xx[space(33)]~~%\f ‘%xn[space(12)]~ ~''~~[space(2)]%r

All of that created this in my MUSH client: http://i.imgur.com/bSkYkCm.png (A bit NSFW with a nude figure from the back, nothing insanely-graphic)

[space(#)] are hardcoded spaces. %x-stuff are the colors. There’s some escaping too; you have to escape [, ], and %, among other things. %r is a heard line break and %b is a single hard-space, much like [space(#)] but only denotes one single space.

I currently use http://mushcode.com/Ascii2Mu to translate any ASCII art into MUSHcode. However, it does not handle colors, which is the main drawback. MUShcode can also handle Unicode characters too, the basic set, anyway.

#3513 Reply

purldator

Sorry for posting twice, you might come across http://www.fansi.org/MUSHii.aspx if you look up MUSH-related art. However, that program was built for a specific game named 8bitMUSH and cannot be used across the very broad range of MUSH games. Most MUSH games use the code format as the example I posted above.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Save/Export as MUSHcode
Your information: